Saturday, April 23, 2011

Being Spontaneous

This was all last weekend (I didn't get time to post till now) Our weekend starts on Thursday at 1:00pm when I get off work. We decided to go to the Dodgers game.

Thursday, April 14 vs. St. Louis Cardinals - 7:10 p.m.
Fans at Thursday's game will receive Purple and Gold LA Caps as the Dodgers pay tribute to the Lakers. NBA Hall of Famers Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Bill Sharman, who also played in the Dodgers' minor league system in the 1950s, will throw out a ceremonial first pitch. Long-time Lakers anthem singer and good luck charm Jeffrey Osborne will perform the National Anthem and God Bless America.
 LOVE my hat and my new shirt (Alyssa Milano fashion). It was a fun time even though they lost.

 Andre Ethier is up at bat.

On Friday, we met with some missionary friends, Lloyd and Pamela, who were here for his dad's memorial service. We met at the Blackboard Bistro in Seal Beach (a few blocks from where they were staying). I enjoyed French toast, scrambled eggs, 2 slices of bacon and 2 pieces of turkey sausage.
 

Then on our way to San Pedro to do car shopping, we stopped at 7Eleven to get a soda. We were handed flyers for “free Friday” entrance to the Long Beach Grand Prix. We had never gone before, so we decided to be spontaneous. Ooooo....so, we went in and enjoyed a time of car racing…even though it was only practice, qualifying and celebrity driven races, it was still fun to sit and watch and hear these cars racing around. DEFINITELY needed the earplugs. They helped so much and my ears didn’t feel like they were going to burst.
I loved this car: Disabled Veterans of America.  SEMPER FI

And here are a couple of videos...quick as they are...of Danica Patrick and Marco Andretti (grandson of Mario). I don't know how everyone finished since we were only there on Friday, but it was just fun to be there. And then there were the celebrities. The cars went around so fast, I could only get a couple of cars with my little digital. I clicked about 200 times and got these.

 Brian Austin Green (Desperate Housewives)
 Djimon Hounsou (Amistad)
Mike Sullivan (owner of Toyota of Hollywood and Santa Monica)


So, Saturday ended up being a relaxing day after the two active days. We didn’t get the chance to look at cars, but we need to do that soon. I’m housebound and I’m getting Spring fever/cabin fever. I can only walk and bike so far and if I need to buy something, I can’t carry it all the way home. Well, I guess I could learn. But we are trying to make our weekends more fun than work/laziness, so it was fun to get out of the house and do some fun and spontaneous stuff. I will definitely start planning some fun things for the future (any suggestions?).

No comments: