Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Relaxing time in SLO

We decided to go home to San Luis Obispo for a visit. The last couple of times we came up, we were busy with weddings and parties and didn't really relax. This time, we came up with no plans (although Dan's golf clubs were in the trunk when I went to put my backpack in - I knew HE had plans). So we went up Saturday after Dan got off work. Went to church and then hung out with Noonie during second service while she waited for her mom. This is where we hung out.






Then we went to the Grad and met up with other Chargers fans to watch the game since it wasn't being shown in the area. We miss the Chargers get-togethers on Sundays where we went to Ken's and hung out there and cheered on the team. We need to find some fans down here to gather with.

Dan then went golfing with Dave on Monday and I went shopping at Beverly's. Then I returned a meter key and I'm getting some money back from it - the deposit and what was left on the key. I still have one for my visits, though. And then I went to the church to say hi to the few people who are still working there (lots changed since I left). 

Later that night we went to the Cleath's house to celebrate Leslie's birthday. What great timing. Free food, fun, fellowship and laughter.

Today I joined my friend, Noonie, at Margie's for our breakfast/girl time. We started doing this when I moved away. It's a great time to get together, relax, catch up and talk about things that are on our hearts and would like to have prayer for...a very special time just to hang out and enjoy the company we now miss since we are so far away. I'm so thankful for my friend and am so glad when we can carve out some time together, which is sometimes hard to do. Thank you, Lord, for giving us this time.

One of the last things I did today was pick up some apples that are laying around in my mother-in-law's backyard. The neighbor's tree hangs over and it is HEAVY with apples. A lot have fallen and you just shake the thing and more fall. They are pretty tasty, so I filled a bag with them and will eat them, maybe make applesauce, or if I feel brave, maybe make a pie. HA  Anyway, this is what it looks like - with a little company.





So finally, we headed out, but not without one more stop: CHILI PEPPERS

And this is the scene we saw coming down into Santa Barbara.


It was a nice visit and I'm glad we live close enough to make a trip up now and then. But it is nice to come home to our cozy little place in Redondo Beach. Until next time.



No comments: