Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Photo Challenge #13 Best Friend



Noonie and I met at church. We met in choir and sat next to each other since we both sang Alto. While I was working at duplicating sermon tapes, she would come, sit on the stairs with her guitar and we would practice songs together. We sang duets together for Women's Bible Study, HUG, Ladies' Salad Supper and even did a few Sunday nights of leading music together. We are movie buddies, Target buddies, garage sale buddies. She has been there for my joys and for my sorrows. And now we are 3 hours away. I miss seeing her every week at church or on weekends going to the movies. I miss her yellow bug. But thank God we have texting, phones, emails and since we are only 3 hours away and not 3,000 miles away, we do get to see each other when I go up to visit. We have made it a practice to get together for breakfast one of the days I'm up. It's our time to catch up, talk about our kids and ask for prayer for things going on in our lives that we may not share with many people. I love this lady and am so glad she has been a part of my life for over 15 years. And I love her family, too.

No comments: