Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Amazing God!

Was going to write this last week, but never got to it. Still wanted to share how God's timing amazes me. I had my phone on silent...again...and missed three calls. One from Noonie. I was thinking about her and wrote her an email to catch her up with things. On her voicemail she was asking several questions, all of which I answered in the email BEFORE I even heard her VM.

Then a co-worker was talking about "Pageant of the Masters" in Laguna Beach. Never heard of it, but it sounded interesting and I wanted to take Liz. Well, a second message was from a friend from long ago whom I hadn't seen for years (until a memorial for her brother-in-law) and she was asking if I wanted tickets to....you guessed it...Pageant of the Masters. I didn't even talk to Liz about it yet. So, I'll get those and Liz and I are going on Monday.

The third was just a reminder about a bill I need to pay (if I can find it - oops). But, it amazes me, although it shouldn't, that He takes care of things in our lives and IS taking care of things in our lives ALL THE TIME. Things that we don't even really do much about, but He's working things out before we even start to think about them. He is so amazing...He's just that way. Reminded me of a devotional from Our Daily Bread many years ago.
"While reading John 3 to her little daughter, a mother paused after the 16th verse* and exclaimed, 'Don't you think that's wonderful, dear?' The child looked up in surprise and said, 'No!' Thinking she might have misunderstood, the mother repeated the question. Again the girl shook her head, saying, 'Mommy, it would be wonderful if it were anyone else, but really, it's just like God!"
* "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

No comments: