Thursday, July 14, 2011

Treasured Tokens Thursday

This isn't MY actual Bible (mine's in storage, so I was glad to find this one) but it's one that I treasure because it was the very first Bible I ever owned. When I became a Christian in October 1970, I wrote to an organization that I wanted a Bible. I was supposed to get, The Way Bible, but they ran out. They sent these out and wrote a special note about growing in the Lord and praying for me - signed by "The Outreach Staff".

One of the verses that I really love is 1 Peter 5:7 

"Cast all your anxiety on him for he cares for you."

I really liked how J.B. Phillips worded it:

"You can throw the whole weight of your anxieties on him for you are his personal concern."

We take on our own anxieties and they weigh us down so much to the point that we don't know what to do or where to go. Jesus took it all for us on the cross. He took the WHOLE weight because He loves us so much. He took everyone's sin on His shoulders, but it was personal for each of us. He did it for me, for you, for my husband, for each child...for each one of us whom He loves. How awesome is that? And He continues to take our burdens, if we throw them His way. So throw them to Him...He never misses.

No comments: