Friday, July 22, 2011

InstaFriday

Not much this week. Gotta start being more random. And I've really got to organize my pictures. I haven't done that in so long, I don't know what I've posted lately. :) So enjoy the few I've done here.

 Liz and I went to the Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach. I haven't been to Laguna in ages. So artsy. We were just walking from our free parking and passing these interesting art shows. The Sawdust Festival and another festival were going on as well, so we felt blessed to find the free parking even if it was a little hike to the venue. But worth it!


 This was inside the venue for the Pageant. We got there early enough to walk around and see what art there was to see. We actually found a couple of artists that had some pretty cool stuff. Liz especially liked this one photographer's pics of Paris and New York - a couple of her fave places. 
Dan and I decided to go out for fish and went to Scotty's on the Strand mainly for the free parking. They have a very small lot and people going to the Comedy and Magic Club (Liz and I want to see Jay Leno sometime) try to park there, so they put cones in front of the spots. The host saw us and asked if we were heading into Scotty's and removed the cones so we could park. So nice. We sat in the dining area next to a window. So pretty and nice outside.

Just heading to Scotty's - Hermosa Beach might be a nice place to find a place. There's a trailer park right on the same street as the pier that would actually be kind of nice. Small, but right in the thick of the fun stuff. 

 This building has been going up for awhile. It's fun to see the crane up and running and the guys trusting their lives in this thing - can't believe how high it goes. Like Magic Mountain, I'll try it once and if I like it, I'll go again. If not, at least I can say I went on it once. Don't think I'll be trying this crane anytime soon since they probably wouldn't let non-workers aboard. 
This is the swing that we've been storing for Liz and Gregg. It lost it's top part that shaded us when SLO had such a wind storm, it tore the material away. Still haven't fixed it, but we do have the attachment. Anyway, on nice, sunny days, it's nice to come out and sit on it and read. I decided to do my devotions out there one day and couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it before. We used a table umbrella to shade us when we had the kids over for lunch and ate outside. We really don't have a patio. It's a shared spot with our neighbors in the back. Their stairway goes up to their apartment. But it's roomy enough for what we did.

Now it's your turn to link up with Jeannett and InstaFriday. If you don't know what it is, check it out. Oh, and sorry for all the links, but we do have some fun places to go in the area...check them out if you have the time when you visit LA.

life rearranged

No comments: