Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What I Read Wednesday

Psalm 149:3 Let them praise his name with dancing, 
making melody to him with tambourine and lyre!


I love dancing...always have, but haven't done it for so long, until now. I am in a class called Hula Praise at our church. We do the hula to Christian songs. We have learned Open the Eyes of My Heart and How Great Is Our God. I couldn't picture doing it, till I did it. I used to Hula when I lived in Hawaii and did a few shows. But never to Christian lyrics. Here's a sample. Some movements are different from group to group, but all in all, it's a way to praise God. That's what my teacher wanted to do with her hula. She didn't want to honor other gods, so tried to get a class like this together to honor Our God. It's fun and it really is a good workout, if you do it right.

No comments: