Saturday, January 1, 2011

End the year with a BANG!!!

There I was, minding my own business, working on the computer, when all of a sudden I hear this frantic knocking on my door. As I answered, my neighbor is telling me to call 911. I had no idea what was happening, but she pointed to the end of the street - all I could see was a huge shadow that looked like a tree. It WAS a tree...it had fallen from the neighbor's property across the street and was laying across the road, blocking passage from either side of the street. I couldn't find my phone (figures), but someone was able to get ahold of the police. As I looked at the downed tree, I realized, the closer I got, that Dan's Honda was UNDER the tree. Oops! Way to end 2010.
 Our car is the one under the tree.
The damage.


 THE tree...something like 52" wide at the base.

So what happens now? Not sure. We just bought a car to replace our broken down van. Dan's car is on its last legs, so to speak. We were trying to decide what to do with it...well, now we have to make a decision. He called the insurance company and they want him to take it to some garage to see what can be done with the car now. I have a feeling this is the last time we will see our K-Life Honda. Yup, we bought it from K-Life, a Christian radio station in San Luis Obispo. In fact, we bought two vehicles from them and now both are gone, almost. We're sad, but know that this is not the end of the world.

In fact, we can probably do well with one car now that Dan's schedule is changing. I work from 8a-noon, M-F, and his new schedule will be 2pm-midnight, Sn-W. When I get home, we can have lunch together and then he can take the car to work. As long as I don't have anywhere to go, or I can use a bike or the bus system, it should be okay for a little while. Thursdays and Fridays he can take/pick me up from work if he needs it during the day since he's off those days. And we have Saturdays off together, which we haven't had in ages. He can still go to church, then go off to work at 2pm. So we can actually take our time in finding another car, rather than rushing like we had to the last time.

So 2010 goes out with a BANG. Let's see what 2011 brings us. Better health? Stronger marriage? Grandchildren? :) (not yet) A NEW CAR! We'll see. I know I have a wedding to plan for, so I guess I'll say good-bye for now and start looking for a dress.YAY!!!

But my main goal for the year is to have a deeper desire for the Lord, to spend more time with Him, to learn more about Him and what He wants of me.

You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Psalm 73:24-26

HAPPY 2011 EVERYONE!!!

No comments: