Sunday, January 9, 2011

Boring for you...a new adventure for me

So Dan and I decided to go to the wrecking yard after all. A different type of adventure for me. Got my rubber boots on since it had rained and it was a little muddy. Before we went, we decided to go to Dick's Sporting Goods and I found a couple of workout tops that were on sale. Dan found a couple of things, too. Then we went to eat at The Veggie Grill. Here's what I got.
Bean Me Up Chili - Red & white beans, touch of soy cream, chopped green & red onion.
Baja Fiesta - Chopped romaine, papaya, avocado, roasted corn salsa, quinoa, cucumber, cilantro, tortilla strips with a ginger-papaya vinaigrette.

Then we hit the wrecking yard...you take your tools in, find the section for your car type (Honda Civics for us) and start taking parts off. If you can find things in good shape, it costs so much less than getting parts from an auto store or dealer. We spent about $150 instead of $400-500.

One of the guys found a window track that would work better than the one in my car. I could roll it down, but it would go up crooked and bend the rubber and have a gap. They also found a rubber piece to replace the worn one.They found a good track and changed it out and now I can use the window again without having to get out and push it in to fit the rubber part. Sorry if you don't understand.
While the guys were working on my window, Dan was replacing one of the window buttons that only worked one direction.   
 
And these were some of the pieces we got. A heater replacement with sliders that work. A console that has cup holders that aren't broken. A new antenna to replace my crooked one. And I don't remember the last piece. There are still things we want to get for the car. It's kind of fun to fix up my car now. Maybe my next lesson will be to change a tire or change the oil. My daughter can do those I think. I remember her changing a tire three times in one day, I think. Anyway, we'll head over to the wrecking yard every so often I'm sure.

No comments: