Monday, March 7, 2011

Prayer

I know not by what method rare,
But this I know,
God answers prayer.

I know not when He sends the word
That tells me fervent prayer is heard;
I know it cometh soon or late,
My part is to pray and wait.

I know not if the blessing sought 
Will come in just the guise I thought,
I leave all care with Him above
Whose Will is always one of love.
(don't know who wrote this)





So thankful to know that God hears my prayers and already knows what's going to happen. My part is to keep praying, not only for myself, but for my brothers and sisters in Christ and leave the results to Him. He knows what's going on in our lives and is there every step of the way. 

What tools do you use when you pray for someone? A prayer list? A journal? Cards? I'm trying to make a point of praying for people everyday, using my Facebook as a guide. The faces along the left side of my page gives me names and faces of friends/family to pray for.  I'm also trying to keep my promise to pray for someone when they ask me to pray for them, not just say I'm praying for them. Keep me accountable, okay?

So who are you praying for? Or what do you need prayer for? 

No comments: