Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Song for All Year 'Round

I share this every year. I hope you don't mind. One of my favorite songs by Randy Stonehill.












I wonder if this Christmas they'll begin to understand
The Jesus that they celebrate is much more than a man.
'Cause the way the world is I don't see how people can deny
The only way to save us was for Jesus Christ to die.

And I know that if St. Nicholas was here, he would agree
That Jesus gave the greatest gift of all to you and me
They led Him to the slaughter on a hill called Calvary
And mankind was forgiven when they nailed Him to the tree.

But most of all the children, they're the ones I hope will learn
That Jesus is our Savior and He's going to return
And Christmas isn't just a day and all days aren't the same
Perhaps they'll think about the word and see it spells His name.

And I kow that if St. Nicholas was here, he would agree
That Jesus gave the greatest gift of all to you and me
They led Him to the slaughter on a hill called Calvary
And mankind was forgiven...mankind was forgiven
We were all forgiven when they nailed Him to the tree.

So Merry Christmas...Merry Christmas...Merry Christmas.
oo oo oo oo oo

I wonder if this Christmas they'll begin to understand.......

No comments: