Saturday, August 8, 2009


I've been leaving the house without my GPS lately, 1) because I'm going to places I know, 2) we are borrowing a car so it comes in and out and mostly stays in because I keep forgetting to take it back out to the car, and 3) I figure I can find my way home.

Today is Farmer's Market day and I was very confident I could find my way. Maybe too confident? I headed out and was just driving along, making my turns and watching for the market. I kept driving and driving and driving and found myself in Gardena. How did that happen? Well, I tried to turn back and kept driving and driving and driving and still not sure where I was. Then all of a sudden, things started looking familiar. The more things looked familiar, the more I knew I was heading the right way for home. I got home and was very tempted to not go back, but checked my GPS - it's only 4+ miles away. Good grief!!! I think I drove about 20. Well, using the GPS, I found my way very quickly and easily.

Amazing how well things go or how you can find your way if you just read the directions or use the right equipment - like the GPS. But more important, for life, we have an instruction book we can go to when we need to. But how about reading it BEFORE you need it? We have been given God's Word to teach us things for life. Funny how today's Proverbs reading is regarding Wisdom.

"Listen, for I will speak noble things; and the opening of my lips will reveal right things. For my mouth will utter truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips. All the utterances of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing crooked or perverted in them. They are all straightforward to him who understands, and right to those who find knowledge." Proverbs 8:6-9


The Bible tells us things we need to know in order to get through each day. It points us in the right direction and keeps us from getting lost. Rely on Him and speak to Him daily for strength, peace and to stay on the right path.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments: