Monday, March 2, 2009

Whale Watching - FINALLY



This was my first attempt with my camera to do a video. We FINALLY got to do our whale watching trip and this porpoise was one of the first things we saw as we were turning around and heading back to Morro Bay. Hadn't seen whales...yet. But this little guy was right under our boat - like he was in the race of his life. It was incredible. The next video was an attempt to follow some other porpoise, but they were so fast - they changed direction so quickly, I could barely get them. Sorry I didn't edit. I can't yet. Kind of have to figure it out.




This is an attempt to follow some of the whales once we finally saw some. We think it was a pod of CA grays - about 7-10. We didn't get as close as I would have liked, but it was still awesome to see these creatures swimming by.




All in all, it was a successful trip. There was a moment we thought we might not see any whales. The porpoise were a redeeming factor. They were such fun to watch. Next time I go on a trip like this, though, I will try to be more prepared with my camera (my batteries kept dying out and I didn't have a new set). And I will try to focus more on the whale/porpoise or whatever rather than my camera and it's flaking out on me. I did get to enjoy some of the nature of the trip. It was such fun to see these amazing creations.

Thank you, Lord, for giving us a place to enjoy your creation. Thank you for the beauty of our coast and the pleasure we can have in seeing these beautiful creatures in action. They are not here by accident. And neither are we...we are here for Your pleasure. You love us so much and give us so much. Thank you for providing our needs all the time. Even the need to just REST.

1 comment:

Priscilla Rynning said...

wow! I am SO jealous! We have flown over many times and not seen one and now that they are out there Peter can't fly--grrrr