Monday, March 23, 2009

MIZPAH

I love how Lisa can take an idea and make it personal in her jewelry. I was hoping she could do something with MIZPAH and Genesis 31:49 (Read Genesis 31:43-55). Basically, Jacob and Laban were making a covenant and that covenant was going to be a witness between each of the men to never pass by the heap of stones they built for harm toward each other. But what I liked was the name of the place...Laban named it Galeed, and Mizpah, for he said, "May the LORD watch between you and me when we are absent one from the other."

When I saw Lisa was doing a "word of the year," I decided to use this for myself and a friend, as I will be moving away from this beautiful area in a couple of weeks (still waiting on word about an apartment - we still have to interview and that won't be till Friday, so keep praying). I was so excited when I received it and was excited to give one to Noonie. A keepsake reminding us that, even though we are miles apart, God is keeping watch over us, and what a comfort that is! As she reminded me, He will definitely fill the void that will be left - me for her and her for me. But we also know we have email and texting and phones. And we will definitely keep our birthday date with Shirley going - I made the promise to come up every year for our yearly lunch/dinner. But I also know that we will get together when we can - as she said, we need to be creative.

No comments: