Thursday, September 17, 2009

He Cares for You


Years ago, say 39 years ago, I asked Jesus into my heart and life. I filled out a form to get a copy of "The Way" Bible? I received a different Bible (NT only) with a nice note inside from the "Outreach Team" explaining they had no more copies, but hope this Bible would suffice. It was a J. B. Phillips version (The New Testament in Modern English). I actually liked it and wished J. B. would have finished the OT (He did four prophets). One of the verses I've quoted to people is 1 Peter 5:6-7:

So, humble yourselves under God's strong hand, and in his own good time he will lift you up. You can throw the whole weight of your anxieties upon him, for you are his personal concern.

What I like about this version is how it says we are "his personal concern." God is a personal God. He cares for you so much and will take ALL your anxieties on his shoulders - and you can throw them to Him and He will catch them and carry them for you. They aren't too heavy for Him.

No comments: