Saturday, January 31, 2009

No More Choking

What is it about little things in life that make such BIG differences in our comfort? I can't believe how excited I was to try this seatbelt adjuster ... something I've been wanting to buy for so long, but wasn't sure it was going to make a bit of difference. Being short, EVERY car I would get into, the seatbelt would be up around my neck, trying to get into my face, even when I could adjust the height of the belt itself. I would have to keep moving it out of the way, and when you're driving, it's a bit of a distraction and annoyance.Well, I finally ordered these things, HOPING it would help and - OH, MY GOSH!!! I LOVE IT!!! It's so easy to use and I don't even think about the stupid seatbelt anymore since it doesn't rub into my neck or face anymore. I enjoy driving so much more, and I'm actually considering carrying the other adjuster in my purse so I can use it in any car...as long as I remember to remove it from the other person's car.(sorry about the bulges)

Simple things. God uses even simple things to show us He is concerned about EVERY detail in our lives. He cares that my children would know Him and follow Him, and He cares that I drive safely and comfortably with no distractions. Distractions are the things that can lead to careless actions and decisions...they can lead to us taking our eyes off the situation at hand...and eventually can get us into trouble or an accident or a situation we can't handle on our own.

How comforting to know that HE is my seatbelt adjuster. Actually, how it's more comforting to know that HE is the driver and I can sit comfortably next to Him and trust Him to get me safely to my next destination.

3 comments:

liz oelker said...

you are such a dweeb. are you that bored that you have to write a blog about this?? sheesh!

Priscilla Rynning said...

I think that is a GREAT idea---since I am short too!! I got one at Babys R Us years ago, but it broke---it kind of looked like a giant plastic paper clip.Yours looks much more substantial!! Go Girl!!

Joanie said...

That is such a sweet thought about God helping us even with distractions.