Monday, November 17, 2008

He Giveth More Grace














He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater;
He sendeth more strength when the labors increase.
To added affliction He addeth His mercy;
To multiplied trials, His multiplied peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done.
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources.
Our Father's full giving is only begun.

His love has no limit;
His grace has no measure;
His pow'r has no boundary known unto man.
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus,
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again!
Public Domain

This is an old story, but one where the Lord continued to show His love, mercy and faithfulness. When my husband had his platelette disorder (ITP - Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura), God have me a peace because of a couple of verses a friend shared with me (after I called him around midnight).

"I lie down and sleep; I wake because the LORD sustains me.
I will lie down and sleep in peace for you alone, O LORD, make me
dwell in safety." Psalm 3:5, 4:8

For at least four years we dealt with this problem and we experienced more strength each time, knowing He was in control and that He would take care of us no matter what happened. The last resort was to have his spleen removed and for 16 years it never occurred again. Last year it came back, but even the doctors don't know why...thus "idiopathic" - no known cause.

I can't say it gets easier as we go through trials - but I think we trust God more and more and have more peace as things come along because of His faithfulness in the past. Like in the sermon yesterday, God doesn't want to harm us...He wants to grow us. He loves us and we are worth His Son. And Jesus loved us so much that He came willingly for us - for ME. Praise His Name!

No comments: