Well, November 1st is coming fast. At this point, it looks like Dan will go ahead and work in LA (it was offered to him), at least for a few weeks while he continues to check things out around here. He'll most likely stay in a hotel or with our daughter during the days he works and be here on his days off. In the meantime, I am working at the church until I'm told it's time to go, if that's what's going to happen.
I've been thinking about that for a few days lately. If Dan decides to move to LA permanently (well, at least for a couple of years), that means I need to give up my job at Grace Church. Twelve years working in the office, working with a team of great people, serving with this team and still loving it. I can't imagine not being there since I've been at Grace for 38 years.
Today Pastor Tim spoke about the wife's role of submitting to her husband, and the husband loving his wife, sacrificially. One of the things he mentioned had to do with decision-making...the fact that it doesn't say "husbands, make all the decisions in your marriage without consulting your wives." We have spoken about the situation with Dan's job and I know my heart's desire is to stay here, stay in this most comfortable place I grew up, where the beaches are my favorite place to visit. He desires the same thing, but if there is nothing here for him, I know he will let me know that there is nothing at this time...we will move to LA. I will accept that decision because I know he will have done what he could to keep us here, but also that he will have been seeking God's direction and the answer came in closed doors.
So, no decisions other than just working for a few weeks in LA. Not sure what that will look like, but we'll deal with that when it comes.