Tuesday, October 14, 2008

If I Could See Beyond Today

To be able to see what God sees - to know what the future holds - would be amazing, but what would that mean for my life?

Would I avoid situations I know ahead of time would bring sorrow?
Would I do things the easy way because I know the hardship it would bring?
Would I have unending joy because I avoided these things?
Would there even be a relationship with God?

v. 3 If we could see, if we could know,
We often say
But God in love a veil doth throw,
Across our way;
We cannot see what lies before,
And so we cling to Him the more
He leads us till this life is o'er.
Trust
and obey.
1943 Norman J. Clayton Publishing Co.

I would have it no other way. To know God and to know His love is the way to live. He knows me and knows what's best for me, even though I try to tell myself that I know best. He will not give me anything I can't handle. He will not let anything touch me that hasn't gone through His hands first. He is my strength, my joy - my Father. He loves me so much.

If I would see beyond today - I would only want to see His face and hear Him say "Welcome home."

2 comments:

Joanie said...

Lifting you up in prayer, Robbin! Uncertain times are not easy, but you certainly are keeping the faith and setting a very good example.

Katie Lady said...

If I could see beyond today, I'd still be worried about what I didnt' do right yesterday! So, I'm glad I can only see one day at a time. Keep praising Him, Robbin!