Monday, September 15, 2008

If Jesus Goes With Me

(verse 4)
It is not mine to question the judgments of my Lord
It is but mine to follow the leadings of His Word.

But if to go or stay, or whether here or there,

I'll be with my Savior content anywhere!

If Jesus goes with me, I'll go anywhere!

'Tis heaven to me wher'er I may be, if He is there!

I count it a privilege here His cross to bear;
if Jesus goes with me, I'll go anywhere.

Words & Music by C. Austin Miles
©1908 Hall-Mack Co.

It's hard to believe that right now, I am content to go wherever God wants us, be it Ohio, Arkansas, Dallas - wherever. I know my kids don't want us to go too far and, honestly, I would prefer to stay here. My heart's desire is to stay here where I grew up, where my kids grew up, where my church family is, where I work and where I play. But then, we need to go where the job is for Dan. Hopefully, by November 1, we will know where we will be living...in SLO or elsewhere. And I pray that wherever it is, I would still be content, knowing He has placed us where He wants us to minister.

No comments: