Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Another Step

Well, the next step has come to fruition in our journey to unemployment. Dan got his "package" from American Eagle. He got the list of job openings he can bid for...Miami, Dallas, Springfield (MO), Chicago (I think), Columbus (OH), San Jose and Los Angeles. He can now bid for his top two or three places he would want to work and will then be offered one of his choices, most likely. At that point, he can take the offer or take the layoff and maybe look for something else, preferably here in SLO. And I'm still smiling. I think the main reason for that is because I think it's kind of funny AND fun to see what God has in store for us. I'm also getting anxious to start fixing up my new digs...wherever that will be.

Waiting is hard, though, and time is going to start getting short in terms of what we will be doing by November 1.

"And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised." Hebrews 6:157
"But as for me, I watch
in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me." Micah 7:7
"I wait for you, O LORD; you will answer, O Lord my God." Psalm 38:15
"I
waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry." Psalm 4:1
"In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." Psalm 5:3

There is nothing...nothing else we can do but wait on the Lord. We can talk to Him and let Him know our hearts - but He knows the desires of our hearts already. He will hear our prayers. We will seek His will, look for open doors - or closed doors. And He will answer us, possibly in a way we can't even imagine yet. And we will gladly go where He wants us to go. He's shown us before we can minister wherever He sends us. So we shall wait and see where He will lead us. Where will we end up to celebrate, proclaim and live the Gospel of Jesus Christ? On the Central Coast...OR Beyond?

2 comments:

Brianna Heldt said...

Oh Robbin, I'll pray that God will show you where to be and that you guys will love it. :) Too bad there aren't any in Denver, then we could be neighbors! :)

Our Life Together said...

Thanks for the comment Robin and the prayer, we could definatly use it. I've been pryaing (and following your blog) for you for awhile now...God always provides and I can't wait to see where he takes you guys..who knows you could be closer to Liz. You are in my deepest thoughs and prayers.